When you create your story, you shape your future.
Stories inspire hope, build credibility.
They make your brand, message or cause stand out.
They generate emotion, energy and connection.
They move people to ACT.
In a world that satiated with information, stories will help you capture people’s attention, activate their imaginations, and give credibility to what you do.
If you’re a entrepreneur, team leader, professional, executive, or board member, we can show you how to use stories to have more impact!
Here’s How We Help:
We’ll teach you to find stories everywhere!
Bring out your best story about:
- Your vision and why it matters.
- Your origins and why YOU are the best person to be doing what you do.
- How your product or service is changing lives.
- Why members want to belong.
- What your culture feels like and how your company lives its values.
- Why your Board is committed.
Let’s Develop Some Great Stories Together!
We’ve worked with professionals who wanted to develop or sharpen their stories.
- The president of a mining consulting firm wanted more confidence when he told his story to investors.
- A philanthropist wanted to prepare a speech she was giving to the United Nations.
- A retiring nurse wanted additional credibility as she made a transition into a new career in expressive arts and coaching.
- A communications director wanted to make sure she was sending out the right message at work.
- A high-tech engineer wanted to sharpen the profile he presented on-line.
Sally helped me prepare a talk I was giving for a fundraising event for a program I started for LGBTQ youth. It was key for me to pack a punch, bring in the personal, and tug at people’s hearts with sincere and raw stories of the youth with whom I work. She was compassionately ruthless in cutting out excess, distilling the heart of the message and urging me to convey my passion for the work. My five minutes took the listeners through a journey of personal stories and cultural context that painted a whole picture of the work I do. Teople gave way beyond what I had imagined, touched by the humanity of the work this program does.
Leadership Storytelling Workshops:
We’ve developed customized workshops on business and leadership storytelling, while also guiding professionals to develop their unique “signature stories” for their websites, social media and presentations.
- Executives in Mumbai learned how to develop the stories that gave credibility to their corporation’s commitment to be a leader in corporate social responsibility.
- Engineers in Seattle learned how to create more engaging presentations by using stories to enhance their data.
- Professionals in Puget Sound learned to create storylines they could use to create more powerful profiles and presentation materials.
- Business owners, manager and coaches in Massachusetts discovered how they could use stories as a tool to reinvent their careers and strengthen their businesses.
Sally walks her talk, or shall I say tells her story, as a way to engage people with insight, humor and practicality. Her skill and talent helped our workshop group members tell their personal stories as a tool for expressing themselves in the workplace and in the world.
We’ve Incorporated principles of storytelling and engagement into off-site retreats.
- Lawyers involved in dispute resolution learned to improve the story their told about their field.
- Scientists bringing innovative research to the undergraduate classroom built a community of practice by sharing the stories about what they were creating.
- Trustees of a prominent art museum learned to connect their personal stories to the stories they were telling about the organization to become more effective ambassadors.
We’ve developed projects that transform how participants see their careers, their organizations, and their legacy.
- Nurse leadership within a major health care system launched a book project using stories to illustrate the role of nurses in the institution’s legacy.
- Directed a story-to-stage transformational process for a select group of nurses who were able to share their reflections on their careers on stage before an audience in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Sally understands the power of stories. She listens deeply and helps professionals to find and develop their unique leadership stories.Doris Cope
Do you want to give voice to greatness in health care, increase patient satisfaction and quality of care? Bring out the voices of nurses!
She’s an inspiring communicator, an original thinker, she weaves big ideas and practical examples together to help her clients take their next big step forward. She teaches leadership presence by modeling it.
She is visionary and practical, vulnerable and solid, accessible and real. A perpetual learner herself, she’s not afraid to take risks to develop the talents of her clients.