Kathy Klost-Guest is a marketing and communications consultant, a storyteller, an improviser, and an author who just published: Stop Boring Me! How to Create Kick-ass Content, Products and Ideas through the Power of improv. Through her firm Keeping It Human she helps companies create jargon-free convincing, kick-ass communications
Quotes from the interview:
“Improv will help you see things you didn’t see before…and teach you how to get out of your own way.”
“Improv is not about being funny…it’s about playing it real.”
“Content can be made better even by the smallest little risks that we take…we just have to change one thing.”
Highlights from the Show
- Why we need to keep our marketing with human-talk.
- How improv can support marketing, in a very practical way.
- How Kathy introduces improv into a corporate setting through business problem-solving.
- How you can use the story spine to craft a story.
- Why trying out a story is key to developing it.
- Using mash-ups to un-stick your creativity. (i.e. “Top five things I learned about leadership…from surfing.”)
- The importance of creating safety for folks.
Here’s the entire interview:
You can also find it on the podcast on Itunes, episode 73 (or her earlier interview which is episode 71)
And I really appreciate if you can leave a rating and review!
About My Guest
Kathy Klotz-Guest, MA, MBA, MLA is a business storyteller, facilitator, and speaker. Founder of Keeping it Human, it’s her mission to help organizations turn jargon-monoxide into compelling stories and uncover boldly creative ideas for marketing. A podcaster and comic improviser, she has written two books on humor, content, and storytelling (The Executive’s Bedtime Guide series) and is the author ofStop Boring Me! How to Create Kick-ass Content, Products and Ideas through the Power of improv. Her work has been published in Convince and Convert, Business of Story, Marketing Profs, and Customer Think. Her 7 year-old is still her favorite audience.
The Show Notes
Contact her at Kathy@keepingithuman.com. Follow her @kathyklotzguest
Want more? LIsten to her interview from 2016