What if fairy tales could help us, as adults, to open our imaginations, re-enchant our worlds, and support our personal transformation. In the hands of Francesca Aniballi, they can.
Francesca Aniballi, PhD, uses fairy tales as a transformative tool for adults. She combines her knowledge of expressive arts, literature, myth, and Celtic culture, to offer us a path toward self-insight—tapping the healing power of the imagination.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE INTERVIEW
- How Francesca came to Scotland and fell in love with things Celtic.
- How Francesca was drawn to Arthurian lore and fairy tales as a child.
- The many different perspectives, including the spiritual available through fairy tales.
- The fairy tale connects us to the sacred dimension. It connects us to the web of life.”\
- Einstein is said to have answered the question, “How to increase my child’s intelligence?” with “Read fairy tales to your child.”
- Fairy tales can support the imagination, and the imagination can reinforce our scientific understanding. The great scientists have had great imaginations.
- Fairy tales help us reconnect with something within—a magic we can relate to.
- “The real magic of fairy tales is the transformation of our consciousness.”
- How fairy tales remind us of our relationship with nature and the environment.
- “Story is a living creature.”
- How the storyteller comes to a deeper understanding of the story through repeated tellings.
- Francesca offers us a tale – about two women who illustrate the relationship between truth and beauty.
Hear the interview:
For more information about our guest